Senior Legal Executive – Wills, Trusts and Succession Department
Gemma Tyrrell, ACILEx
Gemma is a member of the Wills, Trusts & Succession Department based at the firm’s Hedge End office. She specialises in the preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, as well as the administration of estates, including those of high value. Gemma is process driven and has an eye for detail.
Qualifications and Professional memberships
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
Experience and Expertise
- Over 8 years’ experience of working with clients in matters of their Wills and wider estates.
- Preparation of Wills of all types, from simple low value estates to the more complex and higher value estates where trust and inheritance and other tax considerations play a part.
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs), and advising as to their usage
- Advising as to the partial revocation of Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs)
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPAs), and advising as to their usage following registration
- Advising as to the interpretation of Wills, and the application of the Intestacy Rules where there is no Will
- Assisting with the obtaining of grants of probate and letters of administration, where there is no Will
- Ascertaining asset details in readiness for probate applications
- Advising and assisting in relation to all other aspects of estate administration including death notification, dealing with HMRC and inheritance tax, gathering assets and effecting distributions to beneficiaries.
- Transferring the title to property following the death of one or more co-owners
- Drafting estate accounts
- Advising on post death tax planning and preparation of Deeds of Variation.