Senior Associate and Deputy Head of Residential Conveyancing Department
Jeff joined the firm in November 2022 and has over 30 years’ experience in relation to all aspects of residential conveyancing and is now based in our Southampton (Hedge End) office. Jeff prides himself on providing his clients with a personal and professional service to his clients and has detailed knowledge of his local area.
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
Experience and Expertise
- Over 30 years’ experience in all areas of residential conveyancing
- Advising and assisting clients in all aspects of the conveyancing process; to include the drafting and issuing of sale contracts and legal documentation, legal title investigations, the raising and attending to pre-contract property enquiries, exchanging contracts, attending to legal completion, and attending to post-completion stamping and registration requirements
- .Advising clients as to mortgage offers on both property purchases and remortgages
- Advising as to the options regarding joint ownership of property and Declarations of Trust.
- Advising as to parental contributions to property purchase, including gifts, loans, private mortgages and declarations of trust.
- Assisting with Help to Buy ISAs and Lifetime ISAs for First Time Buyers.
- Drafting and negotiating Deeds of Variation and/or rectification of defective leases.
- Advising and assisting both Landlords and Tenants regarding voluntary Lease Extensions.
- Advising and assisting in dealing with adverse possession claims for clients with HM Land Registry.
- Preparation of auction packs for seller clients and advising purchasers looking to buy at auction.
- Advising clients on Equity Release Mortgages.
- Advising and assisting with Shared Ownership leases to include staircasing.
- Advising and assisting clients purchasing New Build properties from developers.
- Negotiating and drafting Transfers of Part of land and Overage Agreements.
- Preparation of Matrimonial Transfers and Matrimonial Legal Charges on divorce or separation.
- Advising Landlords and Tenants in respect of Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- Advising clients on Buy to Let purchases and mortgages.
- Advising and assisting clients purchasing on Right to Buy purchases from Local Authorities or Housing Associations.
- Reconstructing titles
- Departmental Supervisor