Solicitor – Commercial Property Department
Andrew is based at our Winchester office having joined the firm in 2018 in our Residential Conveyancing team before then completing his training contract, and qualifying into the Commercial Property Department. Andrew deals with most aspects of commercial property and enjoys working to tight time limits.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- LLB, Law degree (2:1), Royal Holloway University, 2018 (Awarded Outstanding Achievement Award)
- Legal Practice Course at Bournemouth University (2020)
- Admitted as a solicitor, July 2022.
Experience and Expertise
- Law firm experience from 2018.
- Sale and purchase of freehold commercial and residential property
- Sale or purchase of leasehold and residential property
- Acting for landowner or developer in relation to pre-emption rights, option agreements and conditional contracts, subject to planning
- Advising tenants, assignees, and landlords in relation to the assignment or transfer of leases
- Granting of new leases and underleases of commercial premises
- Negotiating and advising on leases, rent deposit deeds and licences on behalf of landlords or tenants
- Advising as to deeds of variation, licences for alterations, surrenders etc in relation to existing leases
- Providing independent legal advice on personal guarantees including for directors of limited companies
- Deeds of easement
- Loan agreements and secured lending
- Advising buyers and sellers as to all aspects of business disposal and acquisition including liaison with accountants as to financial and taxation considerations of such transactions
- Andrew is fluent in Spanish