Solicitor – Wills, Trusts and Succession Department
Terry is based at our Chandlers Ford office having joined the firm in 2019 as a Trainee Solicitor, and later, qualifying into the Wills, Trusts and Succession department in October 2021. He deals with the preparation of wills, lasting powers of attorney and the administration of estates.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
• LLB, Law degree (2:1), University of Brighton, 2018
• Legal Practice Course, and Master of Laws (LLM) at the University of Law, Guildford, 2019
Admitted as a solicitor, October 2021.
STEP Advanced Certificate in Administration of Estates
Experience and Expertise
• Law firm experience from 2017
• Drafting all types of Wills, including where appropriate, the provision of tax advice, and advice as to trusts
• Preparing and advising as to Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Registration of existing Enduring Powers of Attorney, following the loss of capacity
• Advising and assisting in relation to the administration of estates (with or without a will being in place), from the registration of death to the obtaining of a Grant of Representation, the realisation of assets, the regularising of tax affairs, and estate distribution to the beneficiaries.
• Advising as to post death Deeds of Variation
• Preparing Declarations of Trust as between property owners and home buyers.