Solicitor – Residential Conveyancing Department
Rume is a Solicitor who joined the firm in 2021, and specialises in residential conveyancing. Rume is part of the team at our Chandlers Ford office.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- LLP(Hons) Law, University of Benin Nigeria, 2000
- BL(Hons) Nigerian Law School, 2003
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLLT), BPP Professional Education London, 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, April 2009
Experience and Expertise
- Over 15 years of working in Residential Conveyancing, initially as a Paralegal and then as a Solicitor.
- Extensive experience regarding all aspects of freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, including the investigation of title, the drafting of contracts, the raising of and responding to pre-contract enquiries and requisitions on title. Rume makes all relevant searches and attends to the exchanging of contracts and effects completion of transactions.
- Dealing with registered and unregistered titles, and sales of part.
- Rume has a comprehensive knowledge of Right to Buy, Help to Buy Scheme, and Shared Ownership
- Advising and assisting with the grant of mortgages and remortgages, and the redemption of existing mortgages.
- New build conveyancing
- Drafting deeds of variation and deeds of gift
- Rume is fluent in the Nigerian language of Urhobo