Associate Solicitor – Company and Commercial Department
Nick joined the firm in March 2022 as an Associate Solicitor in our Company and Commercial Department. Nick works in our Winchester office and undertakes all aspects of commercial property work.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- LLB (Hons), University of Exeter, 1991
- Law Society Final Examination, College of Law, Guildford, 1992
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, 1994
Experience and Expertise
- Nick is experienced in dealing with a wide range of commercial property matters, of large and small value, for a variety of clients across a broad range of sectors, including:
- Sales and purchases of freehold and/or leasehold commercial and residential properties
- Acting for landlords on the grant of new leases and underleases of commercial premises, including industrial, office and retail premises.
- Acting for tenants taking new leases and underleases of commercial premises, including industrial, office and retail premises.
- Acting for landowners or developers in relation to conditional contracts (subject to planning), option agreements and pre-emption rights.
- Advising as to Schedules of Dilapidations.
- Advising landlords and tenants on rent deposit deeds
- Advising tenants, assignees and landlords in relation to the assignment or transfer of leases
- Advising tenants and landlords in relation to the surrender of leases
- Advising on licences for alterations, licences to change use and deeds of variation in relation to existing leases
- Advising and assisting as to Section 106 planning agreements
- Advising as to, and drafting Deeds of easement
- Advising as to Secured lending and the charging of property
- Providing independent legal advice on personal guarantees, including for company directors
- Voluntary first registrations of properties at the Land Registry
- Departmental supervisor