Senior Associate – Dispute Resolution Department
Marie is a highly experienced solicitor who joined Eric Robinson Solicitors in February 2023. She has spent many years advising in relation to all areas of dispute resolution to both individual and business clients.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- LLB Degree from Staffordshire University, 2000
- LPC from the College of Law, London (Merit), 2002
- Admitted as a Solicitor, November 2006
Experience and Expertise
- Over 16 years’ experience of most areas of dispute resolution including contractual disputes, partnership disputes, company disputes, professional negligence claims, building disputes, debt recovery and enforcement action.
- Extensive experience of drafting and advising as to all forms of court documentation, whether for claimant or defendant, and from the issue of proceedings to final judgement.
- Considerable experience of advising as to professional negligence claims against legal professionals, surveyors, and accountants
- Instructing counsel where appropriate, and expert witnesses
- Acting for claimants and defendants in relation to construction disputes as between builders and property owners and as between builders and contractors or sub-contractors. Advising as to JCT contract terms. Preparing and advising in relation to Scott Schedules.
- Advising as to Co-ownership disputes, including those relating to Trusts of Land and the Appointment of Trustees Act (ToLATA) claims
- Advising as to all aspects and proceedings relating to debt recovery, including enforcement action
- Advising fully as to the enforcement of Judgments, including insolvency processes
- Negotiating settlements and alternative forms of dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration
- Departmental supervisor