Legal Executive – Residential Conveyancing Department
Alan Knight, ACILEx
Alan Joined the firm in June 2021 as a Conveyancer at our Southampton (Bitterne) office and has spent the last 19 years working for other firms in the Southampton area. Alan has a comprehensive knowledge of property within the area, and has a following of clients and estate agents that have provided him with repeat business over several years, and as a reflection of the quality of the service he provides.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Has worked in Residential Conveyancing since 1998, in and around the Southampton area.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of legal Executives, June 2011
Experience and Expertise
- Extensive experience of advising and assisting clients in relation to all aspects of freehold and leasehold residential property transactions, including the drafting of contracts, the raising of and responding to pre-contract enquiries as well as requisitions on title. Alan makes relevant searches, exchanges contracts, and attends to completion and registration at HM Land registry.
- Advises as to the drafting of leases and deeds of variation
- Advising and assisting as to the Right to Buy Scheme from Local Authorities
- Advising and assisting in relation to the Help to Buy Scheme, Shared Ownership (including Staircasing)
- Advising and assisting in relation to all aspects of mortgages and re-mortgages, including new mortgages and the redemption of existing mortgages
- Drafting and advising as to transfers of equity and declarations of trust as between co-owners of property
- New build conveyancing
- Effecting first registration of titles
- Effecting post death changes of title
- Advising and assisting in relation to the sales and purchase of property at auction
- Advising as to the reconstruction of ‘lost’ unregistered titles