Solicitor – Residential Conveyancing Department
Afshana is a solicitor who joined the firm in January 2021 and works from the London (Richmond) office, specialising in all aspects of residential conveyancing.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- BA Honours English Literature, Roehampton University
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Kingston University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Westminster
- Admitted as a Solicitor, June 2016
Experience and Expertise
- Over 10 years of working in law, initially working in Family Law before moving into Residential Conveyancing.
- Advising and assisting with all aspects of both Freehold and Leasehold sale and purchase transactions, including the drafting of contracts, investigating title, raising, and responding to pre-contract enquiries and requisitions on title. Making relevant searches, exchanging contracts, and attending to the completion of transactions.
- Drafting Leases and Deeds of Variation.
- Advising and assisting with the granting of Re-mortgages, and the redemption of existing mortgages.
- Advising and assisting with the Government’s Help to Buy Scheme.
- Some experience of shared ownership transactions and staircasing.
- Some experience of new build conveyancing.
- Preparing Declarations of Trust as between property owners.
- Additional experience of working other areas of High Street Legal Practice include, Divorce and Family Law, Children Law, Drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney.
- Afshana is fluent in Bengali and has a limited knowledge of Arabic.