Associate – Residential Conveyancing Department
Theresa joined the firm at our Winchester office in November 2020, and is a Chartered Legal Executive specialising in residential property transactions. Theresa has an extensive local knowledge of Winchester and deals with all aspects of freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, mortgages and transfer of equity.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- 2:1 BA (Hons) English Literature, Winchester University, 2011
- PA+ Diploma, 2012
- Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, 2018
- Qualified as a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, 2023
Experience and Expertise
- Over 10 years of specialist experience in residential conveyancing work
- Advising and assisting with all aspects of buying and selling residential property, including the drafting of contracts, the raising and responding to enquiries, investigating, and making relevant searches. Exchanging contracts and attending to completion of transactions.
- Advising and assisting in relation to the redemption of mortgages and, where appropriate, the grant of remortgages and further charges.
- Advising and assisting with the Help to Buy scheme
- Advising and assisting with transfers of equity
- Advising and assisting in relation to lease extensions
- Advising as to adverse possession claims
- Reconstructing titles
- Advising and assisting in relation to voluntary first registrations of title at HM Land Registry
- Advising, assisting and preparing transfers of part, where appropriate
- Preparation of auction packs
- Departmental Supervisor