Associate Solicitor – Client Complaints Solicitor – Dispute Resolution Department
Marina is based at our Southampton (Hedge End) office with a particular expertise in advising on professional negligence issues arising from the actions of other white collar professionals including lawyers, surveyors, accountants and financial advisors. Marina is able to advise and assist both businesses and individuals in relation to the bringing or resisting of such claims, and aims to secure a resolution as quickly and as cost effectively as possible, whether through negotiation, mediation or litigation. In addition, Marina handles client complaints relating to issues of professional service.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- LLB, Law degree, Southampton University, 2005
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Bournemouth University, 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in November 2008
- Become a Senior Solicitor in November 2013 and Associate Solicitor in May 2019
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association (PNLA)
Experience and Expertise
- Advising and assisting with all forms of professional negligence claims, including those relating to defective security, defective tax advice and negligent conveyancing practice
- Advising and assisting in relation to other forms of business and commercial dispute, including issues relating to matters of contract and unfair prejudice
- Drafting legal documents, including claim forms, defences, witness statements, standstill agreements and Tomlin Orders.
- Advising as to the instruction of, and liaising with, expert witnesses and barristers.
- Advising and assisting in relation to alternative methods of resolution, including mediation, “without prejudice” meetings and formal arbitration
- Negotiating out of court settlements.