Associate Solicitor – Wills, Trusts & Succession Department
Isabel is based at our Lymington office and joined the firm in 2021 with over 17 years’ experience as a solicitor specialising in Wills, Trusts and Probate. She has experience of advising a wide range of clients regarding the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, creating and administering trusts and the administration of estates. Prior to becoming a solicitor, Isabel worked for 15 years with multinational companies in the corporate consulting and finance sector, dealing with pensions and investments.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – LLB (Hons) July 2000 – University of London
- Legal Practice Course – University of Westminster 2002
- Professional Skills Course – The College of Law, London 2003
- Admitted as a Solicitor 2003
- Certificate of the Personal Finance Society – The Chartered Insurance Institute 2004
Experience and Expertise
- Over 17 years’ experience (including several years as a Partner) specialising in Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Drafting Wills of all types, including the creation of Will Trusts and advising on tax implications
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Making applications to the Court of Protection for Deputyship
- Dealing with the Administration of Estates (with or without wills), including advising as to Inheritance Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Preparing Deeds of Variation where appropriate. Attending to all aspects, from registration of death, to obtaining a Grant of representation, realising assets, and final distribution.
- Preparing Declarations of Trust, including those for property owners, and advising as to the severance of joint tenancies.