Not all prosecutions are brought by the Crown Prosecution Service. Companies, businesses and individuals can be prosecuted by many different authorities including HM Revenue & Customs, local authorities and government departments or by bodies created by them. The financial penalties can be very high and, in some cases, there may even be a risk of imprisonment.
If you are facing prosecution by any public or private body, whether the Crown Prosecution Service or otherwise, we will be able to help. Eric Robinson Solicitors has extensive experience of dealing with prosecutions from offences relating to:
- pollution and littering,
- food hygiene and offences relating to hotels and restaurants;
- the employment of illegal immigrants,
- trading standards;
- property misdescriptions;
- Companies Act offending
- VAT and other tax offending;
- the care and safety of animals (prosecutions brought by the RSPCA);
- health and safety offending;
- planning and other enforcement notices;
- benefit fraud.
- cartel & price fixing offences;
- VAT Appeals (if you have a dispute with HM Revenue & Customs we can help, we can liaise with and make representations on your behalf, we can represent you and make submissions and conduct Appeals if required);
- Proceeds of Crime Act & Confiscation Proceedings (we have dealt with many of these types of cases, ranging from initial proceedings & High Court Restraining orders to variation orders and subsequent enforcement proceedings).
We will try and secure legal aid for you, but this is sometimes difficult because many offences are punishable only by fine (albeit a substantial fine) and are not imprisonable. Those cases may not merit the grant of legal aid, as determined by statutory criteria, nor is Legal Aid available to a company or business; Legal Aid is only available to individuals.
Your message has been received. We will get back to you shortly.Send another enquiry